Nurse Manager Boot Camp
Every Nurse Manager Needs this Essential Training.
The First-Line Manager is the glue that holds the hospital together. It takes a great deal of effort, skill and experience to do this job right. Nurse Manager Boot Camp is a five-day intensive training course created to bring nurse leaders together to build and refine the skills necessary to be successful in this crucial role.
- Learn from world-class instructors specializing in preparing nurse managers
- Interact with other nurse leaders from small, medium and large facilities across the United States
- Return to your facility more confident, more productive and happier
- Interactive learning format exploring case studies in a one-on-one environment
Upon graduation from MedStaff’s Nurse Manager Boot Camp, First-Line Managers will be able to:
- Identify, utilize and analyze effective staffing methodologies and apply them to their professional situations
- Correlate the relationship between effective staffing and effective budgeting
- Outline the role of the First-Line Manager in meeting hospital accreditation requirements. Explain and implement compliance with The Joint Commission’s staffing effectiveness standards and implement strategies for improving staff-surveyor interactions at the unit level
- Analyze staff’s use of time, apply strategies that improve time management abilities, and appreciate the impact this has on reducing their own stress levels/increasing their effectiveness
- Discuss and apply techniques to improve the basics of performance improvement as well as performance evaluation
- Outline proven techniques for handling difficult conversations, writing effective reports, emails and memos, and communicating clearly with others
- Analyze their organization’s culture and apply outcome-driven techniques for leading within that culture
- Describe the relationship of, and develop the skills necessary to, coach, mentor and prepare for succession planning
- Outline the relationship between the First-Line Manager and the skills needed to recruit and retain a talented, multi-generational workforce—and its relationship to organizational success
For complete details, including dates and locations, click here.